1 BOX OF 400G PASTA OF CHOICE (Recipe calls for Penne)
6 PIECES OF LARGE SALAMI (FINELY DICED)
6 CLOVES OF GARLIC (FINELY SLICED)
1/4 TSP OF CHILLI FLAKES
2 TBSP OF BUTTER
1/4 CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
1 PACK OF BABY SPINACH/ARUGULA
1 LEMON TO SQUEEZE
150G PARMESAN SHREDDED CHEESE
1-2 CUPS OF BOILED PASTA WATER
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, drain and transfer to a pasta bowl. Save pasta water for later.
2. While the pasta is boiling, heat a large pan or skillet, combine olive oil and butter then add diced salami to it. Cook till the salami is slightly crisp and light brown. Put aside salami on a plate while reserving salami oil in the pan. Leave the flame on.
3. Using the same skillet, add garlic and chilli flakes. Sautée for a minute or so until fragrant. Add the reserved pasta water and simmer until the garlic sauce thickens.
4. Add the pasta and salt in the garlic sauce. Mix it well. Toss in half of the parmesan cheese and add the spinach into the skillet with the pasta until half wilted.
5. Finish it off by sprinkling remaining cheese and squeeze the lemon to taste. Let it rest for five minutes before serving.